Caramel Candy Eyes
FALL / WINTER RECIPE:
Ready in: 10 minutes
Serves: For your pretty eyes only
Difficulty: medium - depends on your blending skills!
0 calories , Pair it with your favorite sweater and you are good to go!
Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette ($26.50, £18.00)
- A close up mirror
- Good lighting
- Blending brush
- Perfect for F/W looks!
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Rich- textured colors
- Great payoff and long-lasting formula
- Affordable for product you get and its quality
< Eyeshadow Swatches ;)
©2017. Photo by www.zoevacosmetics.com.
Left to Right: 1.Wax Paper 2.Universal Delight 3.Aftertaste 4.182°C 5.Liquid Center 6.Alchemy 7.Start Soft 8.Finish Sensual 9.Almost Burnt 10.Edible Gem
It was one of these days, I found myself wondering around Shelfridge's beauty isles for hours trying and testing new products. I'm sure we all share the same interest, don't deny it. This particular day I was on a mission; on the lookout for a new palette with warm/orangy shades similar to those in the NAKED HEAT palette. Why you ask not the UD palette itself? I was interested in finding a more affordable version. I found myself looking at the ZOEVA stand and its products. It was not long ago that I'd heard some influencers comparing the Caramel Melange to the Naked Heat. I decided to examine the palette myself and somehow ended up at the checkout, credit card in hand, paying for my newest purchase. In my defense, I absolutely liked the color combination and I started thinking all the fall looks this palette would help me bring to life. I started with some late summer- early fall/winter looks with this palette. I find it to be a great match for all skin colors with a satisfying color payoff. The price and the pigmentation of the palette were alluring so I decided to give it a try. I noticed right away the shadows are pigmented and finely milled with a nice balance of matte and metallic shadows.
Here is a breakdown of each shade matching the photo above from left to right:
- Wax Paper (No.1): Looks nice color-wise with a good pigmentation but at the end of the day I don't really use it. I would prefer a metallic cream/white to use as a highlighting shade under the brow bone and in the inner corner so I won't have to reach for another shadow instead.
- Universal Delight (No.2): It's a warm, soft toffee color for the mornings. I use it a lot when I am going for a no makeup-makeup look!
- Aftertaste (No.3): The matte star of the palette! When applied, gives a pop of color you didn't know you needed at first. This is the color that'll skyrocket your look.
- 182° C (No.4) and Liquid Center (No.5): Both colors have similar results: Liquid center has a tad more bronzed/metallic color payoff which makes me reach for it more when doing
smokeylooks (that means often).
- Alchemy (No.6) & Start Soft (No.7): These two shades are alike as well with almost the same result when applied on the lids. I would prefer if they'd opt for a different shade rather than two colors with similar payoff.
- Finish Sensual (No.8): Perfect transitional matte shade, day to night, essential for any look you decide to go with.
- Almost Burnt (No.9): This truly is a perfect golden shade. Even if I'm using another palette for a look, I find myself reaching for this one in particular each time.
- Edible Gem (No.10): Edible Gem and Almost Burnt are an amazing combo! I've always been in love with the purple-y shades and this one is perfect to finish a
smokeyeye. (Christmas parties are coming)
In comparison with the Naked Heat Palette from Urban Decay ($54), it's definitely worth the price - but it's missing some of the color
All in all it's worth the price and the quality; shadows are quite smooth and blendable. You can create different looks from morning to night and something extra delicious when using the shade Aftertaste! I think it's worth the hype!
- For a more intense look, use the metallic shadows with a wet brush with Mixing Medium by MAC or Duraline by INGLOT
(New article coming soon on how to use these two - who's excited?!)
Have you heard of any other dupe palettes for the UD? We would love to give them a try!
Please leave a comment below ;)
* Some links might be affiliate links. To read more click here.