Rosemary On Ice
Ready in: 15 minutes
Serves: Lasts aprox. for two weeks
Difficulty: None. I'm all about the easy fix at this point.
0 calories, it's for YOUR eyes only.
2 tbsp of good quality dried rosemary
- 2 small pots
- kitchen hob
It's my saviour!
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Quick and easy to make
- Detoxes your under-eyes and reduces puffiness
- Improves blood circulation
- Must be consistent in applying to see change
When I came across this DIY, my first thought, as with most of these recipes, was "how much of this am I actually going to do?" I didn't want this recipe to be one of those that I promise myself I see through, however end up forgetting it. I decided to stick with this one and make it, mostly to prove to myself that it's not that difficult to make a few DIY recipes here and there. Let me tell you how glad I am, I insisted on making this one! I started noticing results around 20 days of consistent use, day and night. Results can be seen while working the cube around your eye, however they do not last if you don't keep up with it.
Let's go over the steps first and then we'll discuss my excitement about rosemary on ice.
How to make:
- Start by heating the water on the kitchen hob in a small pot until it reaches boiling temperature.
- Place two tablespoons of dried rosemary in the other pot and pour the boiling water on top of it (away from the kitchen hob).
- Place the lid or a clean kitchen towel on the top of the pot and let is sit it for about 10 mins.
- Pour into ice trays and place in the freezer!
- Leave it there until the ice cubes
arefirm and use the same night or the next morning!
How to use:
- Pick up the ice cube and start making anticlockwise circles around your eye.
- Do one eye first and repeat the same motion on the other one.
- Apply a bit more pressure in the inner corner of the eye as you make the circle.
- Stop when you see that your
undereyearea starts getting red.
- Apply your eye cream and you are good to go!
While it is an easy recipe for you to try if you suffer from dark circles or under-eye bags, please note that it is not a quick fix, but if consistent, it gradually helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles! I guarantee that you will feel refreshed once you've done this. Perfect to start today for your weekend pampering!
Please excuse us while we drop some facts about rosemary; you should want to know what it is you're putting on your face.
Rosemary (among others) is known for:
- Relieving pain
- Its anti-ageing properties
- Improving blood circulation
- Its anti-inflammatory qualities
- Detoxifying your body and
- Working as an immunity booster
Why don't you give it a try and let us know in the comments below?! Any other recipes on ice we should know
- Apply it day and night, before your eye cream.
- After you've worked on your under-eye area, use the rest of the ice cube on your entire face and neck.
* Some links might be affiliate links. To read more click here.