That Morning Glow
THE quick recipe:
Ready in: Less than 10 minutes
Serves: All us fighters who are left with a few minutes to get ready.
Difficulty: Not difficult! Most of the products are blended quickly by hand.
0 calories. Save your appetite for that delicious breakfast of yours ;)
WHAT TO KNOW:
- A complete quick and easy everyday makeup routine for combination to dry skin
- Three products that'll make your skin healthy and glowy
- You can either use a brush or your fingertips to apply the liquids (depends on your time)
Ready? Set. Go!
Close your eyes and imagine the following scenario: It’s Monday morning. You had an amazing weekend and now it’s time to go to work. Plus it’s freaking cold outside! You are too bored to do anything and you just wanna chill out with your coffee and your blanket. Hmm... (Sounds familiar?) We’ve all been there.
It’s time to get ready quickly and make your skin appear glowy and fresh without cakeing it. I've got the perfect recipe for you. This is my quick morning makeup routine for Mondays or days like these in general! After applying my daily moisturiser and my SPF - I do the following:
1. I start off with a light coverage tinted moisturiser, Complexion Rescue by bareMinerals. This is perfect for everyday use. It feels fresh and light on the skin, leaves it moisturised and has the right amount of coverage for that morning glow. It has a gel/cream texture and blends seamlessly on your face.
Although it has SPF in it, I aways foolproof my face with a good SPF 30. (We will write a post soon about the importance of SPF and sun damage - stay tuned!).
*Similar results can be achieved with the Laura's Mercier tinted moisturiser (link here).
< Complexion Rescue by bareMinerals
Photo: Courtesy of bareMinerals
2. *INSERT HERE*, your favourite concealer. For us, Age rewind by Maybelline is hands off one of the best value for money product of the past years. (We have a collection of empty tubes of concealer to prove it!) - It's true. We are obsessed.
3. On top, I place one of my favorite highlighters. Rodial Instaglam Glow - Ahhhh. This is one of my all-time favourite liquid highlighters for everyday use. It lasts all day, and keeps your skin looking fresh and hydrated. What I specifically like about this liquid highlighter is that when you apply it with your fingertips, it blends above your makeup like a dream. Also, it has the right amount of glow for daytime.
Extra tip: You can put powder highlighter on top - for a quick day to night makeup look transition and it will look fantastic!
4. Setting everything with bareMinerals Mineral Veil translucent powder in the shade illuminating.
I find this setting powder perfect for dryer skins. It is not a heavy, matte powder. I like to GLOW inside out! I take a fluffy and soft brush, dip it in the pot, shake off the excess, set my makeup and VOILA!
This powder is reflective. It is definitely not a matte powder. I personally love this powder because usually I cannot find powders that work for my skin type (combination to dry). Friends with oily skin that tried it though haven’t really loved it to be honest but it's all about experimenting and finding what works for you. I even set my concealer sometimes with it - which I rarely do because of my dry under-eyes!
You can finish off the look with a little bit of eyeshadow (optional), mascara and your favourite lipstick!
Do you have any products that are suitable for busy morning routines? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned for more tips and tricks.
- I have noticed that liquid products work better for dryer skin types
- The mineral veil powder is a good way to lightly set all those liquid products without feeling dry.
Photos: Courtesy of: bareMinerals, Rodial
* Some links might be affiliate links. To read more click here.